Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kindle vs. Copyright Law

When I first began to watch the video about the Kindle and read about it not once did copyrighting come into my mind. I don't believe that it should be against the law for this technology to read out load. Does this mean that when a teacher reads a book to a class thats against the copyright law? Or singing to a song? I understand that this will take away from the books on tape, but isn't this part of competition? This shouldn't go anywhere in court because it shouldn't be illegal. I really like the idea of a Kindle and I think that if you read a lot of books it's a lot cheaper to buy the books on the Kindle.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the fact that it is cheaper to purchase books on a Kindle then buy the book in its true form. I think the issue is this, when the Kindle 2 reads a book to you it is taking away from the original form of that audio book. People are losing money from that original format not being purchased because of the Kindle 2. That is what I have a problem with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another student I totaly agree with on this topic. This suit does have a huge potential of taking away from the books. It is not right, it is just a bunch of people worried that technology is taking over the world, sorry people but technology has been in control for how many decades and through how many civilizations.

    ReplyDelete