Wednesday, October 13, 2010
HOPE poster of Obama Argument
There were posters, stickers, and fliers made of the the HOPE picture. There was huge controversy in regards to whether this picture should have been against a copyright law. The picture was taken from the internet that a photographer had taken of Obama and Shepard Fairey had manipulated the picture with changing the color, adding text, and adding graphics. I am in between on this topic because I agree that a picture should not have been taken from a photographer because the photography is an art that was created by someone. Also i think that there may be enough manipulation done to this photo for it to be presented differently. I don't think that it should have been a big deal in the first place because its not a HUGE issue. I am glad that the charges were dropped and I think that it was a great picture that was changed and got out to everyone across America.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you Jenna, why is something like this topic drawn out for so long when it really isn't that big of an issue. I guess to the people involved it is a big deal but just because of the money involved with this famous picture of our President. I am not sure what to think about this issue, they should be spending their time and money on something more important.
ReplyDelete