Saturday, September 25, 2010
Kevin Kelly Video
This video talked about how the web is less than 5,000 days old and asks the question; what do you think that the web will be like in 5,000 more days? I believe that anything is possible, but i don't see how a laptop can get any smaller than whats already out there. I think that computers will all be touch screen maybe like a large phone with a slide out keyboard. Some things that really caught my attention in this video was the fact that there are 10 billion clicks per day and 55 trillion links in the world. It's crazy to think about how much the internet has affected the world today. I see myself whenever a question is asked and I don't know the answer I always say "Google it". 5,000 days ago here is no way I would have thought we would come this far with computing now there are 2 million emails a second going over the web. Kevin Kelly describes the fact that the web works like a human brain for every part of the brain there is a part of the web that matches it. Another thing that I thought was funny is that he mentioned about the first fax machine, and whoever bought it was an idiot because obviously there was no one else to fax to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jenna it is amazing seeing how far we have come in a short time. I think it was about two years ago that I learn of the first touch screen computer. It was cool to see the guy talk about it and show all the cool stuff you could do with it and in this past year i learn of IPad. Ipad is an all touch sreen here is the site for that http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/01/apple-ipad-gaming/ check it out it's amazing.
ReplyDeleteI agree the computer can't get much smaller than say a Smartphone, but who says it has to be a computer as we think of it? How about a chip embedded in your brain that you access by voice or even thought....yikes!
ReplyDelete