Thursday, September 30, 2010

Creative Commons Reading

This week I read about Creative Commons which I thought was a great thing. Creative Commons basically has a copyright on peoples music, writing or art. There are many different types of copyrighting that can be done from people not being able to use anything having to do with your music, writing or art to companies being able to use it as long as they get credit for it. All I was thinking about when i first started reading this was my little sister: she is a very talented singer and writer, and I would hate for someone to steel the stuff she worked so hard to put together. I took a graphic design class two years ago in college and I remember my professor saying that we could not use a picture off the internet unless we manipulated it at least three times due to some sort of copyrighting. This amazed me because I didn't think that it was a big deal taking someones stuff. There are also a lot of people out there that steal music from things like Lymewire and it is against the rules, but they don't care.

1 comment:

  1. I think its good for people who dont have the funds because from what I understand its a nonprofit organization...I also have to admit that I have used limewire before and I didnt really understand what it meant I just knew I was getting downloads for free because there are sites out there like limewire that are legal and free.

    ReplyDelete